top of page
Masonic Province of Hertfordshire
Tercentenary - History Project
Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Cheshunt St Mary's Lodge No: 6808
Cheshunt St.Mary's was formed because the sponsoring lodge, Cheshunt Lodge, had more members on the waiting list than they felt they would be able to cope with within a reasonable length of time. The new lodge was therefore consecrated on 21st March, 1949.
The banner was presented by W.Bro. E.Hatch and dedicated 30th April 1951. The central part of the banner shows St Mary’s Church, Cheshunt after which the lodge is named, together with various masonic symbols; the ashlars, working tools, columns entwined with the names of the founders and other masonic symbols.
The lodge is now closed and the Banner held at Fleet House
bottom of page