Fair Green Lodge was sponsored by Stuart Lodge No. 8578 and consecrated at Cheshunt on 20th March 1991. It was formed primarily to enable master masons to achieve a faster progression to the master's chair as some faced a theoretical period of twenty years in their own Lodges. The lodge takes its name from its location at Sawbridgeworth, where the Charter to hold a fair on the green dates from 1306. The main theme of the lodge crest is a fair tent.
A Lodge Banner was designed by Bro. John Crump, a founder and graphic designer, and made by Mrs Sheila Barton, the wife of W.Bro. Fred Barton who was then the Master of Gresham Lodge No.869, who later became a joining member. The fairground tent is an allusion to the two ancient fairs held on Fair Green each year. Also shown are two Hertfordshire Harts and the square and compasses.
On the 16th March 1994 the Banner was dedicated at a Lodge meeting held at the Cheshunt Masonic Centre by a team from the Province led by W.Bro. Gerry Scott, PSGD, APGM.