Commemorative Order of St Thomas of Acon in Hertfordshire
Commemorative Order of St Thomas of Acon
The Order of St. Thomas of Acon was established in 1974 as a result of twenty years' research in the Guildhall Library in London by John E. N. Walker, who for many years was the Secretary General of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia. The ancient records of the Order, written in medieval French and Latin, had been deposited in the Guildhall Library and escaped the Great Fire of 1666. The Order now operates under the official title of The Commemorative Order of St Thomas of Acon.
The Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon is an independent British Christian masonic organisation. Membership is restricted to those who are subscribing members of a Preceptory (Commandery) in amity with the Great Priory of the United Religious, Military and Masonic Order of the Temple of England and Wales and Provinces Overseas (commonly referred to as the Knights Templar). Membership is by invitation only. The basic organisation of the Order is a Chapel.
Their Charities raise monies for the support and upkeep of Canterbury Cathedral.
The information above is taken from the web-site of the order which can be found here
CHAPELS WITHIN THIS PROVINCE
Graveley Chapel No: 39 - Consecrated 5th February 2005
Clarendon Chapel No: 75 - Consecrated 19th July 2008.
Neither of the Chapels has a banner