Banners of Knights Templar in Hertfordshire
Stuart Preceptory No: 28
The old and the new banners on the left, being almost identical depict the Stuart arms under the Knights Templar cross with the Hart of Hertfordshire and crossed sword and sceptre. The new banner was dedicated June 8th 2015, the old banner being retired and stored at Watford.
The Preceptory was originally titled the Watford Encampment founded in 1840. In the mid 1990’s the Watford Encampment Banner was found in the basement at Watford and meticulously restored. However, in 2008 the silk began to crumble and a full restoration was carried out at Freemasons’ Hall and the banner rededicated on 8th November 2008, the 75th anniversary of the Re-Constitution of the Province. This banner is shown immediately to the left of this text.
St Alban 0266
The preceptory was consecrated on 23rd May 1930. The banner shows a standing St.Alban with a sword over the cross of St.Alban. All of the above are placed on a white background which has the red Maltese cross superimposed upon it.