The founders were London masons, other close friends from Hertfordshire and other Provinces, the greater number of whom were employed by Sun Engraving Co. in West Watford. It was founded to meet on Saturdays, (not being easily able to get to London mid-week). A steady flow of candidates was forthcoming from Sun Engraving Co. and other printing establishments which provided the term of "A Printers Lodge".
The Principal Consecrating Officers were, RW Bro Admiral Sir Lionel Halsey, Provincial Grand Master; VW Bro Rev Canon Frederick Halsey, Deputy Provincial Grand Master; VW Bro Rev. Dr. Joseph Moffett, Assistant Provincial Grand Master. The crest depicts the rising of the sun in Hertfordshire, an allusion to the Sun Engraving Company that marked the association of the printing industry with Watford. Many of the founders and members were from this company and other printing establishments in Watford.
Both banners are current and mainly display the Roll of Masters. The first banner with Masters of 1947 to 1995 was donated by W.Bro.Pearson and dedicated 26th February 1972. The second banner with Masters from 1996 to date was donated by W.Bro.Leo Francis and dedicated 18th July 1997.