This lodge when consecrated reintroduced the name of the original Baldock Lodge of Harmony No. 491 and later 396, which came into being in 1776 and met at the White Horse Inn, Baldock. In 1786, attendance at meetings became sparse, the Lodge ceased to meet and was finally erased in 1787. The present Lodge was consecrated by the Provincial Grand Master, RW Bro Admiral Sir Lionel Halsey and was the first he consecrated on 12th June 1931.
The central emblem of the banner is a Lyre, the badge of an organist, above an open book of music. The two columns detail the Masters from 1931 to 1956.