Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Shephall Lodge No: 7338
It was decided to pursue the formation of a new Lodge specifically for those Masons who had come to the new town of Stevenage and were isolated from their own lodges. Regular meetings were held at the Shephall Vicarage under the guidance of the Vicar of Aston and Shephall, The Rev. H F T Blowey OBE. Amongst the founders were six members of the development corporation staff. Dacre Lodge No. 2086 was the mother Lodge. The lodge was consecrated on 19th March 1954.
The central part of the banner depicts St.Mary’s Church in Shephall Village, Stevenage, the first new town under the 1946 New Towns Act, together with the lych gate at the entrance. The banner was designed and made by W.Bro.C.Horsley Gilbert of Cathedral Lodge 2741, a regular visitor and presented to the Lodge by W Bros Frank Glover and Charlie Burgess. It was dedicated 13th April 1967.