The formation meeting was held at the Bridge Road Restaurant, Welwyn Garden City.
The founders, of which there were seventeen, belonged to either Mimram or Crusaders Lodge. The consecration meeting was held at Ashwell House on the 24th October 1952.
The banner was dedicated on 25th May 1983. It was designed and made by two wives of members, Mrs Muriel D’Arcy and Mrs Olive Brissenden. The central panel is that of Sherrardswood, the river Mimram and the Hertfordshire Hart.