Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Sprig of Acacia Lodge No: 3318
The Lodge was consecrated by W. Bro The Rt. Hon T F Halsey, Deputy Grand Master at the Midland Grand Hotel, St. Pancras on 21st October, 1908, and met at the Red Lion Hotel, Barnet until it later transferred to the masonic hall at Radlett. The Lodge is the second daughter Lodge of Hatfield Lodge No. 3190. The founders numbered twenty, of which five came from Hatfield Lodge, as did the first Master, W. Bro John Croager, who was then Secretary at Hatfield Lodge.
The old banner was presented in 1908 and depicts a Hart and sprig of acacia each in a shield with two columns and names of the founders.
A new banner presented by W.Bro.Stan Uzzell was dedicated 28th July 2007. It has the same features as the original banner but in a different style. A miniature of the 2007 banner is to be found within the Lodge archives.