Banners of The Holy Royal Arch Chapters
Stanstead Abbotts Chapter No: 9085
The chapter was consecrated on 2nd February, 1989.
The banner was dedicated on 25th February, 1993 and whilst the brochure claims that this chapter was the first in Hertfordshire to have a banner this is clearly not true as both RA 1580 and RA 6492 have earlier dates. The banner acquisition was financed by holding a social function. The centre of the banner depicts the old clock house in Stanstead Abbotts founded as a free grammar school for the sons of local inhabitants which is on a square pavement and enclosed within the interlaced triangles. The Volume of the Sacred Law is underneath this and the date of consecration is also shown.