Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Bengeo Lodge No: 6801
The lodge was consecrated at Hertford Shire Hall on 24th January, 1949. The founders, it is reported, "felt that it would especially serve those brethren living in Bengeo and district". The badge shows: Belingehou as the name in the Domesday Book (1086) for Bengeo, and saxon for the high spur of land running along the river Beane, which together with the rivers Rib and Mimram feed the river Lea; and St. Leonard's Church in old Bengeo which was built in the 12th century (around 1120 AD) and claims to be the oldest church in the Hertford area.
The banner was dedicated 9th April 2005 and was designed by W.Bro.Barrie Church and taken from the original emblem designed by W.Bro W.Cook. W.Bro.Church also designed the Royal Arch banner to ensure they were similar.