Worshipful Brother H J Wheal was the prime instigator of the founding of the Lodge together with, amongst others, his two sons. The name of the Lodge was decided on the spur of the moment because the meeting was being held in Prospect Road, Barnet, and was considered an extension of the name of the Mother Lodge, Lodge of Progress, (later, the sister Lodge Probatus No. 8126, was formed). The lodge motto “Lapsor ipse Voluptas” when translated reads “Labour is a pleasure”. The lodge was consecrated on 29th October, 1948 however, it does not have a banner.