Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Bergnet Lodge No: 6841
During 1948, nine Members of Mimmine Lodge with other local Masons, thought there was room for a new Lodge in the Barnet area. Mimmine Lodge agreed to sponsor the petition and a Warrant was granted to the sixteen Founder Members in February 1949. The Founders adopted the name Bergnet as being a very old name for Barnet and the lodge was consecrated on 25th May 1949.
The banner was donated by W.Bro.W.C.Brunt and dedicated 12th May 1964 by the then Provincial Grand Master RW Bro Col. Alexander Woods. The banner crest incorporates the Arms of Barnet council, the old Tudor hall and the red and white roses each side of crossed swords commemorate the Battle of Barnet in 1471. The lodge has now amalgamated with Mimmine Lodge 4932, (its Mother Lodge) in a ceremony conducted on 14th January, 2016. The new lodge “Mimmine and Bergnet Lodge has retained the number 4932. Both lodges existing banners are now stored at Fleet House.