Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Elstree Lodge No: 3092
EIstree Lodge was consecrated by RW Bro T. F. Halsey, Provincial Grand Master on 19th May 1905. The lodge appears to be the oldest associated with the Elstree, Radlett and Borehamwood area; although Kingswood Lodge No. 2278 was consecrated at Elstree but it sprang from a City of London background...
The lodge has had three banners during its lifetime. The first having been consecrated at an unknown date beteen 1905 and 1913 was presented by Bro Frederick V Marment who was the first initiate. Both this and the second banner are now retired. The current banner was dedicated 19th May 2005, at the centenary meeting. All banners are similar in design with each having the Hertfordshire Hart in the centre, the latest one was commissioned to celebrate the centenary of the lodge and has this word "Centenary" in bold letters at the bottom. The years 1905 and 2005 are shown vertically to each side.