Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Greenhill Lodge No: 5936
The name is derived from Greenhill Parade in the Underhill district of Barnet and the Parish Church is depicted on the Past Masters' Jewel and the Lodge Summons.
At the Consecration on 13th June 1944, an oration by the Rev. Dr. Joseph Moffett, PAG Chap, mentioned the "Greenhill far away" which expressed, "brotherly love, relief and truth at its noblest", especially after four and a half years of war and appalling suffering.
In 1944 the founders made a decision that due to wartime austerity the Lodge would not have a banner. Even when the matter has subsequently been raised the members have abided to the wishes of the Founders.
This lodge does not have a banner.