Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
Layston Lodge No: 6699
Layston Lodge 6699 was founded by local businessmen, taking it's name from the local parish of Layston. It was consecrated on 12th July 1948, Charles Henry Poulton being the first master.
The banner crest is headed by a broken pendent bearing two tongued lions one rampant and the other crowned. The motto – 'Stabilis in Fidele' - 'Established in Faith', is taken from the family arms of Sir Charles Heaton-Ellis, founder and first master of the mother lodge, Royston No. 4304. The central shield depicting a mother and child and St John’s cross are from the arms displayed on the hospital donated by Bishop Seth Ward now the local alms houses. The banner was presented by W.Bro.C.H.Poulton. 1st WM and dedicated 22nd January 2000.