Banners of Craft Lodges in Hertfordshire (Continued)
New Elizabethan Lodge No: 7419
The founders were mainly from the Enfield Lodge No. 1237 in the Province of Middlesex, and who met at the Halsey Hall. The lodge was formed 'To absorb the intake of persons seeking admission into Freemasonry in this part of the Province'. The King Harold Lodge No. 1327 was the sponsoring Lodge.
The original name selected was 'Regina', but as the first founders' meeting took place just after the coronation of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 'New Elizabethan' was adopted. The lodge was consecrated on 15th December, 1955.
The banner was presented by Bro K. Burfoot and dedicated 15th December 1980 at the silver jubilee meeting. The central design is that of the reverse side of a gold sovereign coin - St.George slaying the dragon. The design was submitted by W.Bro.Selby, but despite its origin, the founders were delighted when Grand Lodge approved.
On the 15th December, 2005, the Lodge celebrated its Golden Jubilee with the re-dedication of the Lodge banner by R.W.Bro. Colin Harris, Provincial Grand Master