Romeland Lodge No: 7080
Most of the founders were members of the sponsoring lodge and were largely local businessmen who felt there was a need for a further lodge in St. Albans. and following a successful petition the lodge was consecrated on 4th May 1951.
The lodge banner bears, a representation of St. Albans Abbey and the monastery gateway. The lodge takes its name from 'Roomland' or space outside the former monastery and cloisters where men of the local guilds would follow their trades and would, doubtless, collect alms for the assistance of their less fortunate members.
The banner was presented by W.Bro.C.J.Rollins and dedicated 13th March 1956. It was re-dedicated following repairs 8th May 2001.